New technologies, increasing oversight, evolving competition, and shifting customer preferences and behaviours bring new opportunities and challenges to the insurance sector. Carriers must continually adapt to strategic and operational challenges while delivering value to policyholders, plan sponsors, and shareholders.
Burnie Group’s Insurance Team can design and implement solutions to position you ahead of your competition. Our robust suite of services draws from industry-leading solutions to help you execute more effectively.
We understand the insurance industry
How we support insurers
We are experts in helping insurers develop resilient enterprise and business unit strategies and advising leaders on how to execute most effectively.
Strategy and planning: Our approach to strategy is practical and flexible, focusing on the specific situation of each insurer.
- Focused frameworks to assess tradeoffs required to succeed in the insurance sector
- Structured process to pressure test and evolve your strategy to ensure that the business is set up for long-term success
- Prioritization of key initiatives that balance required investment and realizable benefit
Organizational performance: Ensuring that the business aligns to delivering the strategy is crucial to a well-run insurer.
- Organization & target operating model design for optimal execution
- Define multiple layers of metrics and KPIs to ensure alignment and track progress and success
- Develop an organizational maturity model to identify key capability gaps and how to close them
Sales & distribution optimization: We help insurers better understand what is driving or inhibiting success.
- Distribution effectiveness to understand the contribution made through different channels or brokers
- A dedicated practice area focused on omnichannel and digital improvements to meet the evolving needs of customers and brokers
- Customer and broker experience design that enables insurers to focus on what matters to grow and retain gross written premium (GWP)
Operational effectiveness and improvement: We offer a range of frameworks, tools, and technologies to drive efficiency, productivity, and cost savings
- Intelligent automation through artificial intelligence and robotic process automation to improve productivity and quality of key processes
- Digital and data strategies that focus on business capabilities required to improve operations and the customer experience
- Rigorous diagnostics and benchmarking capabilities that can pinpoint recommendations on how to address lagging KPIs against peer groups
Our insurance clients
The Burnie Group has served leading mid to large-sized insurers throughout North America. We enable life and P&C insurance clients to develop and implement strategies across their business, including channel delivery, underwriting, policy administration, claims management, and key support functions.