What is Operational Excellence
Operational Excellence is a set of approaches, practices, and tools that target maximizing efficiency in Operations without losing focus on time, quality, cost, and employees.
Operational Excellence (OE) and The Burnie Group
The Burnie Group offers a comprehensive and transformative training program designed to enhance team leaders’ knowledge and capabilities. Our program aims to build four critical capabilities:
- Operational Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Performance Management
- Workforce Agility
How we have supported clients through Operational Excellence programs
A top 5 Canadian bank was expanding their offerings and expecting an increase in demand. The Burnie Group’s OE practice helped the bank create more capacity without increasing its workforce while providing in-depth documentation of the client’s processes.
- Implemented a culture of training and development among staff
- Catalogued over 1000 production activities for reporting and process improvement purposes
- Improved planning and capacity practices
Commercial Real Estate
A Fortune 500 financial institution engaged The Burnie Group’s OE practice to create a more productive and managed workforce.
- Reduced employee overtime costs by 36% within three months
- Increased sustainable long-term productivity growth of 16%
- Increased FTE capacity by 11% through an increase in productivity
A large insurance company lacked workflow transparency across all business lines and had limited documentation and reporting measures.
- Implemented a workforce management program over ten weeks
- Enabled high-level transparency across organizational structure
- improved staff engagement and morale by implementing best practice techniques